Sunday, October 31, 2010

blog 5

Spending More Time with Loved Ones

Satisfying social relationships is important in contributing to a good emotional state. “Spending meaningful time with friends, family, or romantic partners is necessary for happiness” (111).  Personally, I fell happy when I spend time with my family and share important things like eating together. They are the most important and valuable in my life. I am also proud of the family that God has given me. My loved ones give me the strength to keep going when I feel defeated. This means that without their care and support would be more difficult to cope with daily problems. For these and many other reasons I love to share with my loved ones and I would like to have more time to see them.

Sacrifice vs. Sharing

In the article Happiness in relationship, Tal Ben-Shahar explains that it is important to note that standing by one’s partner in a time of need is not sacrificed; when we love someone, we often feel that helping that person is helping ourselves (117). I totally agree that when we love someone we have to think not only in our welfare but also on the welfare of our partner. In my own experience, I had to sacrifice a lot of things like my friends, my own interest and stop thinking selfishly when I got married. My husband and I knew from that first moment that everything would change. Any decision to make would affect us both.

Cultivating vs Finding

In the article Happiness in relationship, Tal Ben-Shahar explains that the most important and challenging component of a happy relationship is not finding the one right person but rather cultivating the one chose relationship (120). Personally, any relationship should be encouraged every day. “We cultivate intimacy by knowing and being known”(121). In my case, my husband and I try to do different activities like going to the movies, sharing time in what we really like to avoid falling into the routine. It is important for us know one another, spend time together and do activities that make us happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Steph,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog.I like how you explain every topic very well and connected to your life. I see few grammar errors.Try proof reading it helps a lot that way you can correct your sentences. Overall, I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete